Below is a brief overview of the conditions treated by East Cheshire Physiotherapy Service.
- Spinal (neck and back): whiplash associated disorders, stiffness and restricted movement, headaches, symptoms referring into arms and legs (numbness, paraesthesia, pain), mechanical low back pain, discogenic problems, degenerative pain, postural related neck and back pain, rib pain
- Shoulder: frozen shoulder, impingements, instability, muscle imbalance, AC joint pain
- Knee: patello-femoral pain, patella tendinopathy, meniscal tears, cruciate and collateral ligament strains, osteoarthritis, ITB
- Hip and groin: sacro-iliac disorders, muscle tears, osteoarthritis, soft tissue inflammation around joint
- Ankle: Achilles pain, other tendon pain, joint stiffness
- Muscle tears and strains
- Joint, tendon and ligament sprains (all joints)
- Peripheral nerve pain
- Pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain (Women Health Specialist Physiotherapists work from Congleton War Memorial, Knutsford Hospital & Macclesfield District General Hospital for those who require more specialist assessment and treatment)
Which age groups can we treat?
The service primarily treats adults, but will accept referrals for children where the primary problem is a musculoskeletal disorder e.g. knee pain.
Accessing our services
Please speak to your GP if you live in or around eastern Cheshire and you feel you would benefit from our services.